- Respect for Persons: Keeping an open mind that all should be treated equal and fairly with clear communications and understanding what they are participating in.
- Practice informed consent.
- Tell everyone what my study is and why I am doing it.
- Practice uniform and courteous affairs which are appropriate to the specific culture.
- Consider how my bias impacts my behavior when doing field work.
- Ask appropriate questions and be prepared for all interviews.
- Understand that much like me all people are bias and you may only get a one-sided story.
- Beneficence: Positively and truthfully representing your field through clear communication and feedback.
- Give positive publicity to you organization.
- Not take any statement out of context when interviewing members of my organization.
- Ask permission before using photos or any forms of identity.
- Provide feedback and drafts to your organization.
- Share any financial benefits with the organization that I had studied.
- Justice: Respecting the entirety of a subculture.
- Keep an open mindset toward my informant.
- Listen and engage in conversation when appropriate.
- I will understand the back ground of the subculture and do all research necessary.
- Select my informants fairly.